Please join WWL for our Annual Event CLE on Friday, October 11, 2013 from 3-5 p.m.
You Can’t Say That! Examining the Ethics of Attorney Communications. This CLE addresses how to ethically and effectively communicate with judges, opposing counsel, clients etc. in the real and virtual worlds. Earn two ethics credits while engaging in a lively discussion on these questions and more:
· Are we allowed to friend opposing counsel or a judge on Facebook?
· What are we allowed to say when we endorse our colleagues on LinkedIn?
· What can we say or not say when we are interviewing to move to a competing law firm or company?
· What do we say if we run into a presiding judge outside of the courtroom?
· What are appropriate and effective methods of advertising and marketing our services?
Confirmed speakers are Chief Judge Marsha Pechman of the Western District of Washington, Jeanne Marie Clavere, WSBA’s Professional Responsibility Counsel, Lucinda Fernald, General Counsel for Garvey Schubert Barer and Michele Storms, Assistant Dean and Executive Director for University of Washington School of Law.
Participants may attend in person at K&L Gates Seattle office or attend via webcast. Cost for either option is $45; proceeds benefit WWL.
While we are unable to extend refunds, substitutions are allowed. Please contact email@example.com with the contact name of the substitution.
P.O. Box 46107
Seattle, WA 98146
Header Photo: Clouds Over Mt. Baker
Photo Licensed under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0). Original Image by flickr user Jeff Pang.