Of Counsel Attorney
Virtual law firm located in North Seattle seeks experienced attorney to engage in each of the firm's practice areas of business law, estate planning and probate. This is a part-time independent contractor position, with pay dependent on hours billed, but is intended to be a long term opportunity to develop a practice and become Of Counsel to the firm. Successful candidate will:
· Possess a strong interest in and enthusiasm for all of the firm's practice areas, and be experienced in at least one of them.
· Start off with strong legal skills, and possess a continual drive to improve in all aspects of his/her work product.
· Be able to set up an appropriate home office to perform work on an on-going basis.
· Be available to bill 400 - 600 hundred hours annually.
· Be willing to travel to the firm's North Seattle conference room to meet with clients on an on-going basis.
· Be willing to spend 5-10 hours monthly, which is time that will not be billed to the firm, in developing a client base by enthusiastically participating in the firm's marketing efforts including: (1) a willingness to speak to potential clients in initial consultations; (2) speaking at continuing legal education courses and other events; (3) writing articles for publication; (4) actively and consistently participating in social media; (5) attending marketing events; and (6) blogging on a monthly basis. Please note that an existing client base is desirable, but not required.
· Participate in our legal community in some meaningful way, such as involvement on a Bar committee.
· Participate in pro bono or some other non-profit activity.
· Be nice, communicative, highly professional, ethical, and approach the practice of law at all times with high integrity, in order to maintain the firm's strong reputation.
· Be willing to participate collaboratively as part of a virtual team.
· Be a natural at providing a high level of accessibility, responsiveness, and caring customer service to our clients.
· Want to build a great professional reputation in our legal community while working part-time.
· Have a desire to find "a place to call home," in a professional sense, on a long-term basis.
Does this sound like you? It's a fabulous, and unique, opportunity for the right person. If interested, please contact NorthSeattleLawFirm@gmail.com, and include a resume and cover letter. Please do not attempt to contact the firm in any way other than the e-mail address provided.