NEW Leadership teaches college women the value of civic engagement and encourages them to see themselves as empowered leaders who can effectively participate in politics and public policy. The institute is open to all students who attend four-year or two-year institutions and consists of an intensive six-day training institute held at the UW Women's Center.
Enhance your leadership potential by applying to participate in the NEW Leadership June 2013 Institute today!
3 Simple Steps to Apply:
Application Deadline: April 7th
Applicants will be notified by April 15th
NEW Leadership Puget Sound is committed to serving students of all races, ages, ethnicities, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, and political party affiliations.
Please contact Jennifer Rubio, NEW Leadership Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
IDGC is seeking volunteers to participate in the Measurement Ad Hoc Committee which seeks to assist legal employers in responding to or looking at diversity measurements. This will be somewhat of a follow up to past Minority Report Card efforts, and any volunteers with an interest or prior experience in the report card is particularly encouraged to volunteer. Please email Jeannie Bohlman at email@example.com if you are interested in participating on behalf of WWL.
WSBA Board of Governors Elections
The 2nd, 9th and 10th Congressional district seats and one at-large seat on the WSBA Board of Governors are opening this year. Learn more about these positions and the election process here: http://bit.ly/12M5L2P.
Please post, forward, or share these upcoming deadlines and opportunities.
· Friday, March 1st @ 5pm | deadline for nominations and applications for district seats
· Friday, April 19th @ 5pm | deadline for application materials for at-large seat
OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN MORE:
· Friday, Feb 22nd @ 8am | 9th district breakfast with Governors Susan Machler and James Armstrong at the Renton Community Center
· Friday, Feb 22nd @ 12pm NOON | webinar discussion for WSBA’s diversity stakeholders and others interested in serving on the BOG
· Monday, Feb 25th @ 12pm NOON **new time** |webinar discussion with members interested in the new 10th district seat, with Gov. Vern Harkins
· Tuesday, Feb 26th @ 8am | webinar discussion with members interested in the 2nd district seat, with Gov. Phil Buri
In addition, we’re planning a reception at WSBA in late March/early April with current At-Large Governor Tracy Flood for anyone interested in the at-large position. To learn more or to RSVP for any of these, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Initiative for Diversity Governing Council (IDGC) is hosting a Managing Partners Summit on May 22, 2013. This is a 1-day CLE/training to share best practices and provide tools to legal employers to assist them in their efforts to cultivate a more inclusive legal workplace. You are invited to join the working subcommittee of the IDGC to put on this CLE. Please email Jeannie Bohlman at email@example.com if you are interested in participating on behalf of WWL.
The Washington State Bar Association is committed to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. Read the full announcement here.