FROM CFPB TO LEGAL SERVICES PROVIDERS ADDRESSING CONSUMER ISSUES:
Welcome to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
You are invited to a one-hour webinar about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a 21st century agency that helps consumer finance markets work by making rules more effective, by consistently and fairly enforcing those rules, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives.
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Time.
Director Richard Cordray and staff from CFPB’s Consumer Education and Engagement division and Consumer Response will provide an overview of the agency, its consumer protection tools, and work it’s doing to help educate and engage consumers, including low income and economically vulnerable consumers. Staff from Consumer Response, tasked with taking in, resolving, and analyzing consumer complaints, will discuss the goals of the complaint system and how it works. You can find out more about CFPB at www.consumerfinance.gov.
The webinar will feature:
- Director Richard Cordray
- Clifford Rosenthal, Assistant Director, Office of Financial Empowerment
- Scott Pluta, Assistant Director, Consumer Response
- Mary Griffin, Senior Advisor, Office of Financial Empowerment
- Lyn Haralson, Financial Education Program Analyst, Office of Financial Education
- Margaret Anderson, Product Manager, Office of Consumer Engagement
1. Starting at 2:50pm on March 5th, you can log into the webinar by joining the meeting:
2. Enter the required fields – Webinar Passcode – cfpbdoj2013
4. Click on Proceed.
To join audio -
Leader Passcode: 51319128
The webinar will also include time for questions.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact: Mary Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lyn Haralson at email@example.com