American Bar Association
Forum on the Construction Industry Diversity Fellowship 2014
THE FORUM IS CURRENTLY SEEKING DIVERSE CONSTRUCTION LAWYERS TO APPLY FOR FELLOWSHIPS TO BE AWARDED IN THE SPRING OF 2014.
Up to four (4) three-year Fellowships may be awarded by the Forum each spring. Fellows receive the following benefits:
· Waiver of all registration fees for the Forum’s Fall, Mid-winter, and Annual Meetings;
· Reimbursement of reasonable travel and accommodation expenses associated with attending the Forum’s Annual Meeting held each spring (not to exceed $1,000 per annum);
· Waiver of Forum membership dues;
· Payment of ABA membership dues in the following amounts: 100% in Year 1; 66% in Year 2; and 33% in Year 3;
· The opportunity to join the steering committee of one of the Forum’s twelve (12) Divisions; and
· If desired, the Forum will arrange a mentor for each Fellow.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in construction law. If you are aware of diverse construction lawyers who may be interested in applying for the 2014 Fellowship, please direct them to www.americanbar.org/groups/construction_industry
where they can find more information about the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry and download an application for the 2014 Fellowship. Completed Fellowship applications must be received on, or before, Friday, February 7, 2014
. The application deadline will not be extended.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact:
Arlan D. Lewis (Chair, Fellowship Committee)