JDSA is hiring in the vibrant community of Wenatchee, Washington! Join them as their Paralegal and research law, investigate facts, prepare documents and occasionally meet with clients to assist attorneys in the practice areas of Real Estate, Family Law, Litigation, Corporate, and Estate Planning & Probate matters. Paralegal responsibilities are typically identified and restricted to work product that may be counted as billable hours to clients and, as such, require independent judgment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm that rewards top talent, in a location with a lower cost of living and a strong sense of community.
Description: What you'll be doing
Another Source’s client, The Law Firm of Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward (JDSA), is recruiting a Paralegal to join their team in Wenatchee, Washington.
Here's a little about JDSA and the position they are seeking to fill:
JDSA is a firm of talented and dedicated attorneys practicing in the vibrant community of Wenatchee, Washington. https://visitwenatchee.org/ JDSA encourages a high quality of life and a strong work-life balance for all employees, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with top firms in the surrounding area. Wenatchee is a close-knit community with a small-town atmosphere, where a 5 minute commute is possible. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm that rewards top talent, in a location with a lower cost of living and a strong sense of community.
JDSA has grown from two attorneys in 1946 to one of the largest law firms in North Central Washington. They believe in providing value and opportunity through partnership, collaboration, curiosity, problem solving, tenacity and a drive to create the best result, no matter the variables.
For more information about the area and firm see:
Principal practice areas are likely to include: Business Law, Commercial Transactions, Agricultural Law, Real Estate, and Estate Planning.
Areas of work may likely include:
- Corporate Formations & Governance
- Reorganizations, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Tax planning, Federal and State
- Employment Law
- Sales and Financing
- Financing Transactions
- Creditor Rights in Bankruptcy
- Leasing Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- Real estate
- Estate planning and probate
The Paralegal position researches law, investigates facts, prepares documents and occasionally meets with clients to assist attorneys in the practice areas of Real Estate, Family Law, Litigation, Corporate, and Estate Planning & Probate matters. Paralegals will work within a primary area of practice, and may work occasionally in other areas, as needed. Paralegal responsibilities are typically identified and restricted to work product that may be counted as billable hours to clients and, as such, require independent judgment.
- Works closely with attorneys, other paralegals, and legal assistants.
- Communicates with clients on a regular basis.
- Interacts regularly with other support and administrative staff throughout the firm.
- Communicates with court clerks and other officials, legal service vendors, or opposing counsel.
- 2-4 years previous experience as a paralegal.
- Familiarity with legal databases, e.g. Westlaw.
- Working knowledge of ProLaw or similar legal documentation systems.
- Ability to set and manage goals, timelines and priorities, follow up on tasks, and perform on deadlines, often under time constraints and other stressors.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently and apply logic to complex situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with both telephone and in-person contacts.
- Teamwork orientation.
- Is or is willing to become a Notary Public.
- Associate Degree in paralegal studies; OR,
- Paralegal certification from a nationally recognized organization; OR,
- Experience that satisfies RCW Criteria for Paralegal status.
JDSA is equally committed to their clients and to their employees. JDSA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes retirement options, insurance coverage, profit sharing, and paid time off. As such, we encourage our professionals to maintain a healthy work-life balance and promote community involvement through reasonable billable-hour requirements coupled with a generous incentive program.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.