Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking a Litigation Associate Attorney for its Seattle office. OMW is a multi-specialty firm primarily serving Pacific Northwest clients for over 100 years. OMW takes pride in providing exceptional legal services while, at the same time, offering its employees a professional, friendly and inclusive culture, as well as a fun work environment.
OMW emphasizes a collaborative, team approach to the delivery of high-quality legal services and is seeking applicants with strong research and writing skills, superior academic credentials, and the ability to work closely with multiple attorneys and staff. This position will support the litigation department with focuses on insurance coverage, product liability, environmental, trust litigation and commercial litigation matters. Applicants must have a Washington State bar license.
The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of civil litigation practice experience and will be expected to:
· Provide legal support to senior attorneys by drafting, analyzing and interpreting contracts and legal documents;
· Research and analyze complex legal issues;
· Draft correspondence, pleadings, briefs and other legal documents;
· Manage all aspects of discovery, including the handling of electronically stored data and voluminous document productions and associated review;
· Assist senior attorneys with trial preparation and/or to provide trial support;
· Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions;
· Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner;
· Conduct and assist with depositions and other motions practice and court hearings;
· Perform work independently to achieve client objectives.
· Excellent research, writing and analytical skills
· Team oriented, while remaining self-motivated
· Attention to detail
· Display of ownership with job responsibilities
· Quick learner
· Strong communication skills
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing, paid time off, paid parental leave, life insurance, long-term disability, an employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to Shari Tipp, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com or 901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500, Seattle, WA 98164.