Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Denver or Des Moines Employment-Based Immigration Senior Attorney or Of Counsel (#713)
Dorsey is seeking an immigration attorney with 10+ years of employment-based immigration experience to join our Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Denver or Des Moines offices. This includes all types of nonimmigrant work visa petitions and applications, PERM labor certification applications, EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 Applications, I-9 and e-Verify advice, and placement of key employees in foreign countries. Dorsey’s immigration attorneys also support and train clients in immigration program management and compliance, and supervise the work of paralegal staff in recordkeeping and document preparation.
The following qualifications are required:
- 10+ years of employment-based immigration practice experience, covering the above mentioned areas of business immigration law
- Minnesota, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Denver or Des Moines bar admission, or the ability to be admitted to the Minnesota, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Denver or Des Moines bar
- Ability to manage substantial case load
- Ability to supervise paralegals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to meet the demands of our clients
- Excellent team player
- Strong academic background
- Foreign language ability (particularly Chinese or Spanish) preferred
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collaborative and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); Dorsey & Whitney 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan; 15 weeks of paid parental leave, plus an additional 6-8 weeks of paid short-term disability for lawyers who give birth; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; education and college advising programs; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more!
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
Clients have relied on the international law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP since 1912 as a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner. With locations across the United States as well as Canada, Europe and Asia, Dorsey provides an integrated, dedicated approach to its clients' legal and business needs. Dorsey’s diverse client base includes more than one-third of Fortune 100 companies.
Our lawyers apply superb legal knowledge and skills with practical wisdom and a deep understanding of business and industry. We serve clients in nearly all industries, but focus on six key industries in which we have excellent depth and a history of achieving client success:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Development and Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
Dorsey’s distinguished alumni include U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, noted law professor and scholar William Prosser and former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale. Recognized for our dedication to community, Dorsey has met the ABA Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge every year since the Challenge began in 1993 by devoting more than 3% of billable hours to pro bono work.
One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
- Mansfield Certification Plus (Diversity Lab)
- Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
- 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
- Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
- Adoption Advocate (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
How to Apply
Dorsey accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5033.