The Washington State Department of Health (DOH), Office Diversity, Inclusion, and Compliance is seeking an innovative and collaborative enterprise risk and policy professional who has demonstrated leadership and management skills to fill the position of Administrative Risk and Policy Manager. DOH is an employer of choice supporting employee engagement programs including Infant at Work, flex-work, tele-work, and workplace modernization.
Reporting to the Chief of Diversity, Inclusion, and Compliance, the Administrative Risk and Policy Manager works with both internal and external stakeholders including the Department of Enterprise Services and Office of Risk Management to improve the application of enterprise risk management principles across the agency in order to minimize the Department's liability exposure. This position has two (2) direct reports, both of which supervise two staff.
The Administrative Risk and Policy Manager is a member of the office leadership team and is responsible for the following:
To learn more about the position and to view the complete position description, visit: http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/9400/DOH3503_-_Position_Description.doc.
- Overseeing the tort claims process for the Department.
- Evaluating risk oriented legislation for DOH.
- Working with the Attorney General's Office to negotiate and settle tort claims, other legal issues and lawsuits filed against the Department.
- Lead contact for the Department on litigation hold issues.
- Overseeing the Department's public records, information governance and information security programs
- Takes over leadership responsibilities when the Chief of Diversity, Inclusion, and Compliance is out of the office.