As Starbucks corporate counsel – Real Estate, you will provide legal support for the U.S. store development team, which oversees the site selection, leasing, and development of Starbucks stores. In this role, you will be responsible for drafting leases, participating in contract negotiations, and providing other legal support necessary for the development, construction, and maintenance of retail stores over their entire life cycle. You will work as part of a team of legal professionals and serve as a key legal and strategic counselor to this critical Starbucks business unit, and will deliver timely, creative, and practical legal advice in a fast-paced business environment.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
● Guide – Provide strategic legal counseling to the leaders of the store development business unit, as well as the adjacent businesses and functions that collaborate with and support the business.
● Collaborate – Team with other Law & Corporate Affairs partners to provide cross-functional support for the business, including on matters of regulatory compliance, intellectual property, procurement, distribution, licensing, litigation, and employment law.
● Support – Play a key support role for the Law & Corporate Affairs team that provides legal oversight to this key business unit, including working closely with paralegal and other department staff members.
We’d love to hear from people with:
● 3-9 years of relevant substantive legal experience in a law firm or company legal department
● License to practice law in pertinent jurisdictionsLearn more and apply online at: https://starbucks.taleo.net/careersection/1000222/jobdetail.ftl?job=170025491&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.WgoTNLxuHFo.mailto