Corporate Counsel - Employment
Link to Description: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3u12jjwE
About the role
The Zillow Group legal team is looking for a skilled employment law practitioner to join the company as Corporate Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will support Zillow Group’s fantastic People organization (including Human Resources, Recruiting, Equity and Belonging, and Learning and Development) on a range of employment law matters. Opportunities and responsibilities will include:
· Developing, drafting and implementing employment policies;
· Working with and leading cross-functional groups to identify and implement best practices related to employment law;
· Counseling on employee relations matters, including investigations;
· Advising on federal, state, and local employment laws, including the Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act;
· Consulting on compensation, employee benefits, and related matters;
· Managing employment-related litigation matters, often with external counsel;
· Monitoring changes in statutory and regulatory requirements and agency guidance and collaborating with the People organization to update Zillow Group policies and practices, including with respect to employee benefits, wage and hour, and immigration;
· Collaborating with the People organization and business leaders on employee communications and trainings on employment law-related issues; and
· Identifying opportunities for and delivering proactive education to the People organization to empower clients with knowledge.
About the team
Zillow Group legal is a service-oriented team of skilled legal professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company.
Who you are
· JD with state bar admission (Washington preferred)
· 3-5 years of employment law practice
· Excellent judgment and exceptional integrity
· Active listener and excellent communicator
· Skilled at resolving complex issues and thinking creatively
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to be self-directed
About the company
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.