The De Novo team at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Part-Time Employment Litigation Attorney to work with us on a contract-basis at our Seattle office. Would you post this opportunity on your website and/or share it with your members?
Please note, this is an alternative-track, contract-based position. Washington-barred attorneys looking for a flexible schedule and an opportunity to work remotely are encouraged to apply. Please take a look at the job description below. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.
Part-Time Employment Litigation Attorney - Contract
The De Novo team at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is searching for a part-time, Washington-barred contract attorney in the Seattle area to support the Employment Law practice group with employment litigation in insurance-related matters.
Attorneys with prior experience in medium/large employment defense firms who are looking for more flexible hours are encouraged to apply. The engagement will be on a part-time basis at 20-30 hours per week with the ability to work remotely. A basic home office set up will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of employment litigation experience, with specific experience handling single plaintiff discrimination matters in an employment litigation insurance context.
- Availability to work an average of 20-30 hours per week. Subject to deadlines and certain time constraints, the attorney could largely set their own “office hours”.
- Ability to work remotely, with availability to come into DWT’s Seattle office as needed;
- Availability for occasional, limited travel. This is a flexible requirement and can be discussed as the need arises.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, both within DWT and the client.
- Ability to work independently and exercise ownership over projects.
The attorney will be classified as a contract attorney and will be employed by DWT. Because this position does not provide benefits, the attorney will not average more than 29 hours per week. Compensation will be on an hourly basis, ranging from $75-90/hour depending on experience and skill level.
Please note that this is an alternative track, contract-based position managed by DWT De Novo’s innovation team and is non-partner track. This is a great opportunity is for an experienced attorney who would like to work from home, on a flexible, part-time basis to help DWT and our clients with specific projects. We have several former full-time associates who have found this opportunity to be perfect for their personal circumstances and enjoy the work. If you have interest in the position and would like to learn more, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please upload an updated resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Gina Kette, DWTSurge Recruiting and Administrative Assistant by clicking here.
If you are interested in a more traditional law firm associate position, please check the DWT Careers page for lateral attorney opportunities.