From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that creates a feeling of connection. We develop and support partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand first with our people, not with consumers. Because we believed the best way to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers was to hire and train great people, we invested in employees.”
– Howard Schultz, Starbucks Coffee Company
As a Starbucks director, corporate counsel – corporate & securities, you will work as a member of the Corporate & Securities team in the Law & Corporate Affairs Department to ensure compliance with public company reporting and filing requirements, and to support Starbucks corporate governance, Total Rewards, Treasury and disclosures. The areas of focus for this role will include ’34 Act compliance (including proxy statement oversight), treasury work (bond offerings, share repurchases, and hedging instruments), corporate development transactions, and executive compensation (including support for the Compensation Committee of the Starbucks Board of Directors). Preferred candidates will have experience both in law firm and in-house public company environments, and will have significant experience with federal securities laws, general corporate governance, corporate finance and strategic commercial transactions, preparation of proxy statements and shareholder meeting materials, and compensation programs.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
- Lead – As a member of the Corporate & Securities group, manage paralegals and provide guidance on their development.
- Guide – Provide strategic legal counsel to leaders including the Chief Partner Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, vp, Investor Relations, and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate – Team with L&CA partners and business partners to provide cross-functional support, including on executive compensation, treasury matters, strategic corporate transactions and public disclosures.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Nine + years of relevant substantive legal experience in a law firm or company legal department
- Experience managing legal professionals
- J.D. from accredited law school
- License to practice law in pertinent jurisdictions
We hope to hear from you! Click “Apply Online” to begin the application process today.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.