Corporate Counsel - Employment
About the role
The Zillow Group legal team is looking for a skilled employment law practitioner to join the company as Corporate Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will support Zillow Group’s fantastic People organization (including Human Resources / Operations, Recruiting, Community and Culture, and Learning and Development) on a range of nation-wide employment law matters, with particular emphasis on advice and counsel for all stages of hiring and compensation. Experience in Washington, California, or New York preferred. Opportunities and responsibilities may include:
· Developing, drafting, and implementing hiring and compensation-related policies;
· Drafting and negotiating recruiting contracts;
· Advising on job descriptions, offer letters, transfer letters, compensation plans (commission and bonus plans), FCRA pre-adverse and adverse action notices;
· Working with and leading cross-functional groups to identify and implement best practices related to employment and immigration law;
· Advising on federal, state, and local employment and immigration laws, including:
o Fair Credit Reporting Act;
o Fair Chance Laws;
o Alcohol and Drug Testing Laws;
o Wage and Hour Laws;
o Pay Equity Laws;
· Monitoring changes in statutory and regulatory requirements and agency guidance and collaborating with the People organization to update Zillow Group policies and practices, including with respect to employee hiring, wage and hour, and immigration;
· Collaborating with the People organization and business leaders on employee communications and trainings on employment law-related issues; and
· Identifying opportunities for and delivering proactive education to the People organization to empower clients with knowledge.
About the team
Zillow Group legal is a service-oriented team of skilled legal professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company.
Who you are
· JD with state bar admission (Washington preferred)
· Minimum of 2 years of employment law practice
· Excellent judgment and exceptional integrity
· Active listener and excellent written and oral communicator
· Skilled at resolving complex issues and thinking creatively
· Strong project management skills and attention to detail
· Ability to be self-directed
About the company
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.