Litigation Associate Attorney
The Seattle office of Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking a litigation associate attorney. OMW is a mid-size, multi-specialty firm primarily serving Pacific Northwest clients for over 100 years. We take pride in providing exceptional legal services while creating a professional and friendly culture.
The firm emphasizes a collaborative, team approach to the delivery of legal services and is seeking applicants with strong research and writing skills, superior academic credentials, and the ability to work closely with multiple attorneys and staff. This position will focus on litigation, primarily for tribal, environmental, and insurance coverage. Applicant must have a Washington State bar license. The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of experience in civil litigation practice and will be expected to:
- Provide legal support to senior attorneys by drafting, analyzing and interpreting contracts and legal documents;
- Research and analyze complex issues;
- Draft pleadings, briefs and other legal documents and correspondence;
- Manage all aspects of discovery, including handling electronically stored data and hard copies of information;
- Assist senior attorneys with trial preparation;
- Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions;
- Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner;
- Perform case-file reviews and draft demand letters;
- Participate in weekly case conferences and consultations.
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills
- Team oriented, while remaining self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Display of ownership with job responsibilities
- Quick learner
OMW is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, vendors and clients.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, an employee assistant program and long-term disability. Additionally, this is an opportunity to work with a terrific group of attorneys and staff in a professional and fun work environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Joseph Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org