Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking a paralegal to join our litigation practice and support the downtown Seattle team. OMW is a multi-specialty firm primarily serving Pacific Northwest clients for over 100 years. We take pride in providing exceptional legal services while creating a professional and friendly culture.
The firm emphasizes a collaborative, team approach to the delivery of legal services and is seeking applicants with strong research and writing skills, superior academic credentials, and the ability to work closely with multiple attorneys and staff.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of five years of experience in the following areas:
- Help prepare arguments and draft legal documents (pleadings, motions, stipulations, discovery requests and responses, complaints, demand letters, etc.).
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, potential clients, opposing counsel and their assistants, witnesses, court reporters, court officials, messenger services, etc.
- Identify, locate and interview relevant witnesses and experts.
- Investigate case by requesting and reviewing relevant documents, and perform fact checking.
- May research court rules and locate cases, opinions, reports and other information related to a matter.
- Summarize legal documents, medical records, employment records, etc.
- Organize and maintain document files and case materials case files, binders, case lists, etc.
- Assist attorney with trial, hearing, arbitration and mediation preparation.
- Assist attorney during case settlement and closure.
- File court documents electronically (ECF), via messenger or via mail; copy and send out for service on all parties and clients.
- Type, edit and proofread correspondence and pleadings; prepare and send final documents.
- Submit conflict checks and open new matters; close files.
- Schedule court dates, depositions, arbitrations, meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
- Perform court searches and other legal research.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
OMW is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, vendors and clients.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, life insurance, an employee assistant program and long-term disability. Additionally, this is an opportunity to work with a terrific group of attorneys and staff.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Joseph Drew.