Paralegal - Real Estate & Land Use
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP – Seattle
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for providing a comprehensive range of support to the Real Estate & Land Use practice group on complex real estate transactions.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
Your contribution to the team includes…
· Monitoring and managing all aspects of complex real estate transactions.
· Analyzing title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; preparing title and survey summaries; identifying and recommending title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinating with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions.
· Preparing title objection letters and seller response letters.
· Managing due diligence activities, including creating and monitoring due diligence checklists.
· Conducting UCC and other searches and analyze results; request entity documents.
· Assisting in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules.
· Managing and coordinating closings.
· Addressing post-closing matters and overseeing preparation of closing books.
· Providing assistance with real estate aspects of litigation and estate planning matters as requested.
Join us if you have…
· 5+ years’ experience as a real estate paralegal required; experience in land use and zoning matters, including experience in communicating with government officials is ideal.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill in both loan and purchase/sale transactions.
· Bachelor’s degree or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill.
· Highly developed skill in time and task management.
· High level of attention to detail with a view to thoroughness and accuracy.
· Strong analytic and post-college level writing skills including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style.
· Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as legal research and document retention databases.
· Willingness to learn and adapt to new technology, software programs, and upgrades.
· Ability and willingness to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner.
· Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented service environment.
· Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is Davis Wright Tremaine’s policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.