Tax Associate – Seattle, WA
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking an experienced Tax Associate to join our Seattle office. Dorsey has tax attorneys based in several locations, including London, Minneapolis, Palo Alto, and Seattle. Our tax attorneys are experts at identifying and resolving tax issues related to mergers & acquisitions, spinoffs and corporate restructurings, debt and equity financings, entity formation, equity compensation, partnerships and LLCs, state and local tax matters and international taxation, including cross-border investments, international tax planning and technology transfer and licensing arrangements. We also have a national Tax Controversy and Litigation group that represents individuals, businesses, governmental entities and nonprofit organizations in all phases of tax disputes.
This associate will work on a wide range of federal and state tax matters, including international tax and cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financings and general corporate and partnership matters. Specifically, this associate will handle the following types of tasks:
- advising on domestic and cross-border structuring and related transactional matters;
- preparing regulatory submissions;
- drafting LLC, partnership and joint venture agreements; and
- researching and preparing written advice related to domestic and cross-border transactions and investments.
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collegial and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. We support and encourage the professional development and advancement of our lawyers through numerous CLE programs offered by Dorsey U, our internal professional development service.
The following qualifications are required:
- 1-3 years of tax law experience, including experience with mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, corporate restructurings and reorganizations and general corporate and partnership matters.
- Strong academic performance
- Excellent research and writing skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience with international tax, cross-border transactions and financings.
- Washington State bar admission
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Clients have relied on the international law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP since 1912 as a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner. With locations across the United States as well as Canada, Europe and Asia, Dorsey provides an integrated, dedicated approach to its clients' legal and business needs. Dorsey’s diverse client base includes more than one-third of Fortune 100 companies.
Our lawyers apply superb legal knowledge and skills with practical wisdom and a deep understanding of business and industry. We serve clients in nearly all industries, but focus on six key industries in which we have excellent depth and a history of achieving client success:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
Dorsey’s distinguished alumni include U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, noted law professor and scholar William Prosser and former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale. Recognized for our dedication to community, Dorsey has met the ABA Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge every year since the Challenge began in 1993 by devoting more than 3% of billable hours to pro bono work.
One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
- Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
- 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
- Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
- Top 100 Adoption-Friendly Workplace (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
How to Apply
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5186.