Miller Nash Graham & Dunn has an immediate opening for an experienced Conflicts Attorney to join its team!
This role is responsible for assisting with the identification, review, and resolution of potential conflicts issues. This role will work closely with the Firm’s General Counsel, New Business Committee, members of the Firm’s Loss Prevention, Risk Management, & Ethics Committee, and other Firm administrators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the role successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined as follows satisfactorily and meet the role requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Review and analyze conflicts reports for both new business and lateral hires to identify potential conflicts. Communicate with Firm lawyers to gather more information relevant to potential conflicts and determine steps for resolution.
· Provide Firm lawyers with summary of review, highlighting potential issues. Work closely with Firm lawyers, the Firm’s General Counsel, New Business Committee, members of the Firm’s Loss Prevention, Risk Management, & Ethics Committee, and other Firm administrators to assist with conflict resolution.
· Assist with transitioning clients to the Firm in lateral partner hires, including a complete conflicts analysis and resolution, drafting engagement letters and waivers for lawyer review and approval, and assisting with matter opening.
· Study and stay current with laws and rules pertaining to conflicts of interest in each jurisdiction where our offices are located.
· Consistently promote and model the Firm’s client service principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform analysis and review of new business forms and provide assistance in the new business intake process as needed.
· Maintain records for tracking and timely completion of all conflicts review projects undertaken within the firm.
· Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of the conflicts process, firm policies, and firm procedures.
· Perform various special projects and duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
· Juris Doctor
· Knowledge of rules of professional responsibility
· A minimum of three years of conflicts experience or equivalent
· Database research experience (preferred)
Other Skills and Abilities
· Strong analytical and research skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Good judgment
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
· Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
· Able to work under pressure
· Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
· A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the role
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and interested in being a part of our collaborative team, please apply at our JOB BOARD. Cover letter and resume must be included with your application in order to be considered as a candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.millenash.com job postings and HR mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP (MNG&D) and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if MNG&D hires the candidate. Direct contact with MNG&D employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.