The Uncarrier seeks an experienced attorney to join our operational compliance team. You will partner with cross-functional teams to develop, implement and maintain regulatory compliance policies and procedures. You will also serve as the primary point of contact and advisor to a number of teams within our technology department.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self-starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBT employees by the Human rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row, a designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index our diversity across gender, race, and ideas drives us forward.
At T-Mobile, you can #BeYou as a member of this T-Mobile Compliance team!
What you'll do in your role.
- Collaborate with business partners, legal and outside counsel to drive comprehensive compliance programs
- Provide day-to-day advice and support to the business concerning the operation of our wireless network including 911 requirements
- Work directly with technology teams to develop and refine procedures that drive compliance with internal policies, and federal and state regulations
- Partner with our Government Affairs team to monitor and advise the business of upcoming regulatory changes
- Develop strategic practical solutions with our business partners that take into consideration both business and legal risks
- Advise business partners on communications with federal and state regulatory agencies concerning network regulatory matters
- Establish new compliance policies and procedures to address new regulatory requirements
- Support national security requirements related to our wireless network
The experience you'll bring.
At T-Mobile you can #BeYou. For more information about T-Mobile culture and the Un-carrier commitment to company values check out this video clip at www.t-mobile.com/careers/culture-and-benefits.
- A U.S. law degree and minimum 4+ years of legal practice at a law firm, regulatory agency or in-house position
- Strong organizational abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build strong relationships across a wide variety of departments and levels, and a customer-service focus
- Creative problem solving
- Experience in litigation, investigations, regulatory, or adversarial situations a plus
- Ability to dive into details, understand business processes, and document procedures, policies and guidelines
- Interest in understanding business operations including the technicalities of how a wireless network works
Diversity is in our DNA! See what we mean at www.t-mobile.com/careers/culture-and-benefits/diversity.
ARE YOU WITH US?