Labor & Employment Staff Attorney (#548)
Dorsey is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with 19 locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including food, beverage & agribusiness; technology; banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources and healthcare.
The Seattle Labor & Employment group focuses significantly on providing a broad range of legal advice to employers and companies in food, beverage and agribusiness cooperatives across the United States. This is a very practical, hands-on role. You will have the opportunity, and be expected, to jump in on time sensitive matters ranging from Labor and Employment litigation assignments, to reviewing and drafting employee handbooks, to assisting with transactional work for food and agribusiness clients.
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Washington State Bar admission or the ability to be admitted to the Washington State Bar
- 0 to 3 years of attorney experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly responsive and proactive.
- Excellent responsiveness and timeliness regarding all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel. Everyone is a customer.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think creatively and approach projects and tasks from a continuous-improvement perspective.
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills.
The Following Qualifications Are a Plus
- Strong knowledge of Labor & Employment law and litigation.
- Background in agriculture or co-ops.
- California bar admission.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. For more information and to apply online, visit www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs.