McNaul Ebel Nawrot & Helgren PLLC was formed in 1995 by a group of attorneys known for their rigorous and successful representation of clients. Our attorneys have established exceptional reputations in local, state, and national legal communities for handling highly visible and complex commercial litigation and business transactions.
McNaul Ebel focuses on three main practice areas:
- • Litigation & Trial Practice
- • Real Estate & Capital Markets
- • Emerging Companies
Our clients range from international enterprises, institutional investors, and well-established businesses to small local firms, technology startups, and individual entrepreneurs.
We are in search of an Associate Attorney to join our Litigation Department.
To be considered for the position, applicants must demonstrate an exemplary academic background, outstanding communication and writing skills, and a positive, collaborative attitude.
- • Participate in all phases of civil litigation, from the pleading stage through trial;
- • Engage in discovery, including drafting written discovery, reviewing documents, and preparing for and defending/taking depositions;
- • Factual and legal research;
- • Written and oral motions practice;
- • Pretrial and trial practice.
- • 2-4 years of complex litigation experience;
- • J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school;
- • Excellent academic credentials;
- • Admitted to the WSBA, or actively obtaining Washington license;
- • Ability to travel occasionally;
- • Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- • The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter seeking professional challenges and the opportunity to assume substantive responsibility in complex cases;
- • Experience counseling parties in a variety of pre-dispute and dispute resolution contexts;
- • Hands-on experience with commercial and business litigation;
- • Ability to manage a large number and variety of projects and to work independently, often in a fast-paced environment;
- • Experience with electronic discovery and large document productions;
- • Keen business sense, with an ability to find creative solutions to legal issues and to balance legal risks against business interests;
- • Ability to work as a team player who can manage paralegals and legal assistants cooperatively, efficiently, and respectfully;
- • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- • Demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior attorneys;
- • Ability to manage competing demands.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, law school transcript, and two unedited writing samples containing legal analysis (e.g. dispositive motion briefing) to Susan Little, Director of Human Resources, 600 University St., Suite 2700, Seattle, WA 98101, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
McNaul Ebel Nawrot Helgren is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.