SALARY: $107,000 - $128,600
CLOSING: Sept. 27, 2016 at 4:00 PM
The Land Use Section of the Seattle City Attorney’s Office seeks a senior land use attorney. As in-house counsel to a city grappling with cutting-edge land and street use issues, we advise policy-makers, review and draft legislation, counsel departmental staff, and defend City laws and decisions in litigation. We work with elected officials, land use planners, and those who enhance affordable housing, preserve historic resources, and manage our streets, parks, and utilities. We get to practice the law we most enjoy for a dynamic, world-class city. Our low turnover is a testament to our job satisfaction; this opportunity results from a colleague’s retirement and is the first opening in over five years within our eight-attorney team.
For more information and/or to apply please go to http://www.seattle.gov/jobs Job #2016-01334.
•Microsoft: 4 positions- Global Migration, Applications & Services Group in Legal & Corporate Affairs Dept, Cloud & Enterprise, and Corporate, External, & Legal Affairs Attorney
•Amazon: 3 positions- Commercial Attorney AWS (Amazon Web Services), Corporate Counsel, and Corporate—Digital Video
To see all open positions, click here: https://onramp.fluidreview.com/p/legacy/a/
Details about eligibility and the program are below or on our website. For more information about the OnRamp Fellowship, please contact our Director of Talent and Coaching, Karen Trojanowski at email@example.com (also copied on this email). or visit OnRampFellowship.com.
Are you an experienced attorney with a background in school law and/or government law and interest in serving students of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences? Would you enjoy leading a small in-house team of experienced attorneys and staff in carrying out the wide range of legal business of the largest school district in Oregon? The Office of Legal Counsel of Portland Public Schools is recruiting for its General Counsel. The mission of the office is to provide exemplary, timely legal advice that promotes district goals, accelerates equity, preserves relationships, and allows staff and students to focus on teaching and learning.
Please see this link for the full posting:
For many years, Columbia Legal Services has represented some of the most marginalized people in our community. We use every legal tool available on their behalf. Our role to serve people and use advocacy that might otherwise not be available makes our work an integral part of the Washington Alliance for Equal Justice. Our vision of justice is when people have the necessary tools and opportunity to achieve social and economic justice, a more equitable and inclusive society is possible. Through large‐scale litigation, policy reform, and innovative partnerships, our lawyers and other staff work in furtherance of our mission. The ideal candidate for any position at Columbia Legal Services will be able to articulate their role in the achievement of that vision.
Columbia Legal Services seeks a full-time Policy Director to work closely with a dynamic advocacy team that spans five locations and five statewide practice groups. The Policy Director will work collaboratively with an executive leadership team and in partnership with the Advocacy Director and our Directing Attorneys. This position is based in Olympia, with statewide responsibilities. This position reports to the Advocacy Director.
• Plan, coordinate, and strategize our body of legislative and policy activities on a state and federal level, including administrative agency rulemaking and other substantive government-relations matters.
• Work with the Advocacy Director to ensure that the mission, criteria, and quality of legislative advocacy and related projects are consistent with program values and standards of systemic and multi-forum advocacy, and our broader advocacy planning and execution.
• Develop external relations with state and federal legal and advocacy-related communities; network with advocacy groups, legal service organizations, and the private bar to identify opportunities and execute strategies to advance policy for low income populations.
• In partnership with the Advocacy Director and Directing Attorneys, provide mentorship, supervision, and evaluation of advocacy teams.
• Work with the Advocacy Director to develop training protocols and plans and administrative policies related to advocacy standards. Develop regular and periodic policy-related trainings, orientations, and policy advocacy updates and forums.
• Travel around the state for meetings with practice groups, advocacy events, and other legal aid meetings; occasional national travel will be required as well to attend multi-state convenings.
• A law degree is preferred.
• Passion, commitment, and proven track record of developing, designing, and championing anti-poverty policy and legislation.
• At least 10 years of experience in legislative and policy work.
• At least 3 years of experience in administrative leadership, working collaboratively with a team on large-scale advocacy campaigns and projects.
• Experience developing best practices and advocacy resources. Additional experience on supervision, mentoring, and understanding of performance management and coaching of advocacy teams a plus.
• Excellent research, writing, negotiation, and analytical skills.
• Ability and willingness to work with multiple teams and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
• Willingness to travel and to work flexible hours, especially during the legislative session.
• Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, cultural competence and experience working with low-income client communities.
• Must have a sense of humor, a healthy self-awareness, be comfortable with managing change, and enjoy leading and supporting a positive, high-performing organizational learning environment.
CLS offers a competitive compensation package including generous holiday, paid time off, and healthcare benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Small relocation benefit included.
Position is open until filled, with a preference given to applications received before October 1st. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, CLS is unable to respond to every application. We will contact you if we decide to pursue your application. No phone calls please. To apply, submit your cover letter with salary expectations, resume, a short writing sample, and three references to the address or e-mail address below. Include Policy Director in the subject line of electronic submissions.
Trisa Kern, Director of Program Administration
Columbia Legal Services
101 Yesler Way, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98104
Columbia Legal Services is committed to a policy of pluralism and equal opportunity in an environment free of barriers and discriminatory practices for its client communities, Board and staff. Pluralism refers to the active promotion of mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork and productivity among people who are diverse in work background, experience, education, race, color, national origin, sex, age, religious preference, marital status, sexual orientation, sensory, mental and physical abilities, veteran status, or any other perceived differences. The resulting diversity is both a source of program strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness. If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, contact Sharon Nyland at 206-464-1122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid to Sr-Level Health Care Associate Attorney
http://www.dwt.com/Health- Care-Associate-Attorney---Mid- to-Sr-Level-Lateral-Lawyers/
The Seattle office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking an associate for its Health Care Practice Group with a minimum of four years’ experience in health law, including health care regulatory matters; reimbursement; fraud and abuse; contracting; privacy/security; innovative payment models, such as ACOs and bundled payment; digital health.
A strong academic background is required as well as excellent legal writing, contract drafting and oral communication skills. Candidates must have a JD with preference given to candidates with active and good standing membership in the Washington State Bar.
To apply, please upload a cover letter addressed to Kathleen Shaw, Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager, resume, a copy of your law school transcript, a relevant writing sample, and a list of references.
No Third-Party Recruiter Submissions Accepted at This Time
Davis Wright Tremaine believes that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is Davis Wright Tremaine's policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to an employee's race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.
City of Spokane is accepting applications for the position of Chief Labor Assistant Attorney. Please send the following to email@example.com or : Christine Cavanaugh, Human Resources, 808 W Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane WA 99201.
Open until filled. First review of applications will be September 9, 2016
Legal Ease, L.L.C. – Washington’s Attorney Placement Specialists since 1996 – has been exclusively retained (candidates will not be considered other than via Legal Ease) to fill an outstanding lateral associate opening with a highly regarded Seattle based law firm. This position offers strong compensation and genuine work/life balance. The hiring law firm is a well-established and very successful boutique founded by partners from a top Seattle law firm. The firm is aptly described as both sophisticated and extremely collegial. The firm seeks a lateral complex litigation associate (niche practice, but your experience need not be in their niche) at the 1st -- 3rd year level. The successful candidate MUST have stellar academic credentials as well as superior writing and legal analysis skills. Attorney candidates exiting clerkships this summer are welcome to apply. Other candidates MUST come directly from AmLaw 100 or similarly sophisticated firms.
All inquiries will be handled in strict confidence and must include current resume or link to current law firm bio. Inquiries should be directed to Lynda Jonas, Esq., Placement Director, Legal Ease, L.L.C. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With over 100 years of history, stability and a proven track record of success we’re currently in need of a dedicated and driven person just like you. We are hiring for a Senior Trial Attorney to represent the interests of our policyholders in defending claims or asserting claims against others within ethical duties of an attorney. The ideal candidate will have a minimal of 4 years of trial experience preferably in insurance defense and a proven track record of dealing with people where conflict and controversy exist.
What You’ll Do
As the Trial Attorney for Sentry Insurance you’ll ensure there is no conflict between the policyholder and the company. In addition you’ll:
· Handle a caseload of diverse matters, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the applicable insurance policy
· Prepare pleadings, discovery, discovery responses, motions and correspondence, prepare reports and coordinate with Claims in the investigation of materials or facts
· Conduct and defend depositions, conduct legal research, attend all pre-trial hearings, participate in case evaluations with Claims and prepare cases for trial
· Work towards the resolution of cases without trial
· Develop and maintain all strategies from pre through post trial and conduct appeals when appropriate
· Participate in training Claims personnel regarding litigation and the law as requested
· Review case law and statutory changes to maintain current knowledge of the law and to foresee legal trends
· May be responsible for daily office coordinating under the direction of the Managing Attorney
What it Takes
· Strong academic background and a JD Degree from an American Bar Association-accredited law school
· 5-8 years of legal practice, with at least 4 years of trial experience and a current license to practice law in Washington
· Proven ability to present complex concepts analytically and logically
· Excellent human relations and communication skills
What You’ll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
· Competitive Compensation
· Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
· Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
· 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
· Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
· Career advancement opportunities
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
So make the right choice - with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life, choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: https://jobs.sentry.com/search/118295
Mundt MacGregor L.L.P., a Seattle-based commercial law firm with its office on Bainbridge Island, seeks an associate attorney with at least two years’ experience to join its business practice. This practice includes business transactions and financing, mergers and acquisitions, commercial lending, entity formation, and general corporate law; we also have particular expertise in legal issues affecting companies operating in the U.S. fisheries, including vessel ownership, marine finance, and fishing rights. We are looking for candidates with outstanding academic credentials, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and high standards for legal work. This is an opportunity to work on sophisticated transactions with first-rate clients in a casual, family-friendly office. If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and law school transcript to email@example.com.
How would you like to be part of an organization where member values and company values are one and the same? Whose culture encourages and expects employees to advocate for our members -- which has made us the most trusted and respected financial institution throughout the communities we serve and support. That’s BECU—where we put Members First.
We’re looking for dynamic, passionate, engaged employees who value doing what’s right to serve our members – and take pride in knowing that our success depends on everyone who comes to work with us each day.
BECU is Washington’s leading credit union, serving members in the Puget Sound area for 80 years. We know our people are what make us special, and we seek to employ those who want to make a difference. If that’s you, then read on…
The Associate General Counsel (AGC) evaluates and helps to mitigate legal risk for BECU in connection with third party contractual relationships. The AGC facilitates consistency in the legal positions taken by BECU and supports fact finding and evaluation of legal matters. The AGC develops legal positions that protect BECU and works with various business clients, enterprise risk management, vendor management, compliance, legal, and senior management to make informed decisions about the assumption of legal risk and to monitor and manage legal risk. The AGC will prioritize complex material and multi-functional risks to the enterprise, as well as coordinate and provide governance over risk treatments within the Legal Department and with outside counsel. The role will achieve this by using multiple strategies to persuade others, identifying and removing barriers to agreements, winning concessions effectively and providing input into future negotiation processes and strategies.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colo